ALBANY AFL ANNOUNCE YOUTH FOOTBALL AND DANCE PROGRAMS
ALBANY, NY - The Arena Football League’s newest team today announce their youth football and dance programs, which are now available for registration.
The Junior Football Academy is available to kids ages 6 through 12. The program is designed to provide kids with a once in a lifetime football experience while also teaching kids a wide variety of football fundamental skills from Albany AFL players and coaches. The program will run from March through July (coinciding with the Albany AFL season) and is designed to provide kids with a positive football experience to help transition kids to competition/youth league participation.
The program is $300 to join with a $50 registration fee. The program includes:
- Bi-monthly football skills sessions and experiences run by the Albany AFL coaching staff and players (at least 1 session on the Albany AFL field at the Times Union Center)
- Meet and greet opportunities with Albany AFL ownership players and coaches
- Game experiences at Albany AFL home games including
- Tunnel Intro (run through the tunnel before pre-game player introductions)
- A football combine, testing on the 40-yard dash, short shuttle, broad jump and more
- Starting Lineup Experience where kids get to take the field with the team at a game
- An Albany AFL Academy Football Jersey
- A free concussion and safety seminar (open to both kids and parents)
- An Albany AFL Youth Football
- A Free Ticket to 3 Albany AFL Football Games
Any questions regarding the Junior Football Academy, please contact Chris Thompson at CThompson@albanyafl.com.
The Junior Dance Team will give dancers ages 6-18 the professional dance experience! They will learn pro dance choreography from pro dancers wearing pro-quality dance uniforms and be performing on the field at a minimum of three Albany AFL home games in front of thousands of fans at the Times Union Center!
Registration for the Junior Dance Team is $450 plus a tryout fee of $25 and includes:
- Minimum of three performances in front of thousands of fans at the Times Union Center on the field, at halftime of Albany AFL games
- A free game ticket to each of the performance games
- Bi-Monthly practices with instruction from the pro dancers (March - August on Sunday mornings. Location TBD)
- A professional dance uniform
- A professional headshot from the official Albany AFL photographer
- An official Junior Albany AFL Dance Team pom bag
- An official Junior Albany AFL Dance Team credential
- A Junior Albany AFL Dance Team t-shirt.
Junior Dance Team Tryouts will take place on February 24th. Any questions regarding the Junior Dance Team, please contact Sara Biancosino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Albany AFL
The Arena Football League’s newest franchise, Albany AFL will begin play in Spring 2018 at the Times Union Center. Season memberships for the inaugural 2018 season are on sale now. For tickets, contact the Albany AFL sales department at (518) 533-2200 or by going to AlbanyAFL.com. Follow the team on Facebook at facebook.com/albanyafl and Twitter at twitter.com/albanyafl.
About Arena Football League
The Arena Football League will enter its 31st Season in 2018. Since its inception in 1987, the Arena Football League has showcased a fast-paced and exciting game to millions of fans in a myriad of markets across the country. Teams slated for 2018 include: Albany, Baltimore, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Washington D.C. CBS Sports Network nationally broadcasts AFL games each week, culminating with the ArenaBowl. The AFL launched AFLNow, the League’s streaming “Over-the-Top” network to give fans even more access to the League on arenafootball.com. For all the latest news and discussion on the Arena Football League follow the AFL on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (@aflarenaball).
About Times Union Center
Albany's Times Union Center, formerly Pepsi Arena, continues to have great success. Renamed in January 2007, the The Times Union Center is "Upstate New York's Premier Sports and Entertainment Facility. Owned by Albany County and operated by SMG, the world's largest private management firm for public assembly facilities, the Times Union Center has an adaptable seating capacity between 6,000 and 17,500. Since Frank Sinatra christened the building on January 30, 1990, more than seven million patrons have walked through the turnstiles. As a multi-purpose facility, the Times Union Center has hosted a variety of events, including concerts, family shows and sporting events, averaging 165 events each year.